Thursday, March 11, 2010

Deep breathing

How often do you take the time to sit still and just take a deep breath? Put on some Kenny G, dim the lights, light the candles and just breathe ... just let Him love you. Open your heart to His touch ... His words ... His presence.
I really need that today.
Life is work and when I don't take that time I get overwhelmed. Boxed in by my thoughts, other's expectations, my own expectations ... and I take back the control.
I've discovered today (when I took the time to "breathe") that I struggle with letting go of the control over my own life ... my own destiny. And isn't that just amazing because its not real control - its just a false sense of control that only brings pain down the road. Yes, I know this, and yet I strive to hold onto the control when truly, only in letting go will I EVER have the life I dream of ... that my Father dreams for me.
It's a process though, eh? A long one too, but one that I so deeply want to be a part of for I KNOW that it is only in the process that I will experience a true and deep love, and the JOY that my Father wants for me ... that he has already given to me. A joy that transcends circumstance and allows me to enter His presence and lie in His arms and just breathe ... just breathe ... ahhhhhhhhhhhh

No comments: