Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Holding on ... and letting go ...

Why is it so hard to let go of that which we have held onto for so long? Whether it be a dream or a "way of living" or a friendship or the hope for something more, this is one of the most difficult things to do ... letting go. We question everything ... where is God, what is the right thing to do, what will happen if I don't "arrange" for this life myself? So many questions, but they all boil down to one issue - TRUST!

One of those "new" things God has done for me is complete a work of trust in my life. I am suddenly able to trust Him as never before. I actually trust that He does have, not only my best interests in His heart, but the ability to transcend all and miraculously heal, complete, lift me out of whatever situation I am in. He DESIRES to do this for me and I have only to step out of the way to allow Him full reign in my life. THIS is how I am now able to let go...

... and this trust could not happen without an understanding of who He is, what my place is in Him and what He created me for. Before, I did not understand the depth, breadth, and capacity of His love for me. I doubted ... deeply ... that He cared at all for the details of my life. The uncertainty I lived in with my dreams, hopes and desires, allowed that deep doubt to creep in and then, motivated by fear, I reacted and tried to arrange for the life I so deeply desired ... I held onto so many things that I thought would bring "life", and in holding on, I turned away from trusting the only One who could ever bring fulfillment and freedom.

Now I am walking back from that edge and embracing the freedom of letting it all go. I no longer need to do anything to arrange for that life I thought I wanted, because He will go before me and give me the life that He has arranged for me.

By no means is this an easy process, this letting go, but it is something that He will guide me through and the freedom will come ... I am LOVING the process!

No comments: