Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Big, BIG moments ...

I am constantly amazed at how God just reaches into your life and completely changes the direction of everything … without notice … and what a blessing it turns out to be! Freedom is the unexpected gift and life will never be the same.

Misunderstandings and distorted perceptions of others can be so damaging to all persons involved … people say things they shouldn’t … others listen … the pile gets out of hand and pretty soon you believe things about someone that aren’t even close to the truth. Its painful and can be so devastating … but your reaction, no matter where you are in this small act of a much bigger story, is what counts.

Will you allow what others say to affect your perceptions? Will you choose not to respond? Will you choose not to get involved in the first place? I’ve definitely been on both sides of the equation and in the past have made some not-so-great decisions that I hope I’ve learned from. That is part of the maturing process and today I am grateful for those lessons from the past because they are a part of what dictates my response today, and will also in the future when I fail to recall the lesson in time to follow the right path.

Now, with my feet firmly planted in the knowledge and absolute understanding of the Father’s love for me, I experience deep joy in spite of pain. The two can coexist BECAUSE of this understanding and knowledge of His love. I trust Him … implicitly. I am confident that He is in control and as I am able to surrender to this process, I am given this amazing gift … complete and utter peace … and freedom.

If you have the chance to listen to “Utter Relief of Holiness” by Ransomed Heart Ministries (John Eldredge), I encourage you to do so (www.ransomedheart.com in the Store under Audio recordings). Life transforming teachings on freedom.

I am so grateful for those of you in my life who believe in me. It is a blessing and a pleasure to be on this journey with you … keepin’ it real!

No comments: