Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Life is such a trip!

I am completely overwhelmed at what the Lord has done to bring me to this place I am in today. There is such a deep peace and complete knowledge and awareness of His love … and not ‘cause everything is going ‘my way’ … its there in spite of the reality that it’s not … that there are things I wish were different in my life.

But now I wonder how I could ever walk away from this new way of living. Of course, I am aware that negligence will lead me away faster than you can blink … neglect of my relationship with the Lord and the intrinsic need that is within all of us to connect deeply with Him, will effectively separate me from Him, and I do NOT want to go back there – too many years wasted that way. THIS new way of living is the only way I want to be!

It is amazing that the more control I surrender to the Lord, the more freedom that I encounter … freedom from habits and compulsive sin … from ‘needing’ affirmation from others. It is a paradox for sure, but one that I am embracing today. I WANT less control and as I give that up to Him, He is so faithful to show me how to be released from those things that I have ‘thought’ I needed to escape the pain … and He is healing the pain and heartache in miraculous ways. The POWER of the Lord transcends ALL other power available … and walking in THAT is where the freedom comes from.

I am humbled at the way He has wooed me to His heart, and OHHHH so grateful for His patience and passion for me … for ME! I truly am a daughter of the most high God, and He IS my deepest longing … I am complete in Him as I allow Him to complete me!

No comments: