Thursday, October 8, 2009

A momentary blessing ...

It is amazing to me how the Lord just reaches out and TOTALLY blesses you when you’re least expecting it! I’m sitting here at Whole Foods on north Academy, waiting for my car to be done at Pep Boys and as I glance up from the book I’m reading, there at the check-out station closest to my table is John Eldredge! Yup, no lie!

Of course, not wanting to be seen as a groupie, I squelch my immediate response to run over to him and gush about how much their ministry has changed my life … I take a moment to pray about it and tell the Lord that if he walks past my booth, I’ll take the opportunity to introduce myself (knowing, of course, that the main doors are in front of him and therefore NOT the direction for him to go). As he finishes up, the cashier points down toward the other door and he heads my direction.

So, up I get, introduce myself, telling him what a blessing attending the Captivating retreat was, and how my life will never be the same … and thank him for the openness that both he and his wife embrace as they minister. He is as engaging in person as he is in the DVD’s … lives real and in the moment and I so appreciated his response to me … as I’m sure I’m not the only person who disrupts his day in this way.

What a trip! This was the highlight of my day and once again I am completely humbled by the timing of the Lord … just to bless me and encourage me! The Lord truly DOES want to bless us. It is His desire to give us these little gifts … moments in time … where we become completely aware of His hand in our lives and how much He truly does love us! Oh how I wish I could see what is coming around the next bend in the road, but at the same time its SO exciting to be surprised like this … and guess what, ladies? He bought flowers, presumably for Stasi! A pretty cool guy who has taken the time to understand what makes HER day!

LOOK what the Lord can do!

No comments: