Thursday, August 20, 2009

I am Captivating ...

As some of you know, I went to the Ransomed Heart Ministries "Captivating" retreat for women this past weekend, and what a blessing it was! My deepest desire, and the desire of all women, is to know that we are a captivating part of a big adventure - to know that we are delighted in and have something of value to offer that will make a difference!

The retreat was so well orchestrated that they took you through the process of recognizing your wounded heart (past and current), understanding WHO God created us (woman/Eve) to be and the heart He gave us ON PURPOSE!, understanding the fight for our hearts and the battle we live in every day, embracing the role the Lord wants to play in each of our stories and finally and fully realizing/seeing/KNOWING the truth of God's love for each of us.

It was a time of freedom, healing, embracing, trusting ... TRUSTING ... truly trusting the Lord for the first time in my life - a totally NEW thing in my life.

As the weekend progressed I was stirred from the deepest part of my heart and soul to allow the Lord to touch me in ways that I have never allowed Him to touch me before. I let down the walls and opened my heart to him --- FULLY! I finally understand His true heart for me and I am speechless, struck by wonder and amazed at Him. I am a woman in love, for the first time in my life. Fully awakened, full of desire and in LOVE! The pain of my past/current life is not MY fault and neither is it HIS fault ... it is a result of the battle we live in every moment of every day as the enemy desires to steal, kill and destroy, using any means possible to kill our hearts and deaden our souls to the TRUTH of who our Lord is, HOW His heart is FOR us and what He will do just to LOVE us! I am broken, humbled and completely overwhelmed and the more I talk (write) about Him the more I desire to BE with Him in every moment. Perhaps you have experienced this side of loving but it is new for me and I AM IN AWE! My life will never be the same and I am SO grateful that He has brought me through these last three years of "process" to get me to this point ... in this moment ... in HIS plan!

What a blessing - and my deep desire is to see each of you blessed as well. Grace and peace be with you today...

No comments: