Friday, August 28, 2009

Anticipation ...

Anticipation … I am full of it … for the future, for dreams and hopes, for continued healing and growth and even deeper relationship. A friend asked on my wall the other day, “Freedom from what?” in response to my status post of “Sonya Kuepfer thinks freedom is super cool ... and living in the process is an opportunity to just sit back and say "WOW"...”

I don’t have a simple answer for that question – wish it were an easy response but it’s not … well, maybe I don’t wish it were easy at all. If it were, I wouldn’t be the person I am today, and I’m growing on me! : ) I’m growing up … finally!

So FREEDOM it is – and I embrace it! Freedom from selfishness and self-destruction; from pain and wounded places in my heart; from religion and expectation … the list truly could go on but I want to focus on what this Freedom is leading me into instead. I am marked for LIFE by the gentle hand of a Father who dotes on me, loves me, gentles me … steps into my life with power and authority, reaching in and untangling the mess I would make of things and teaching me to LET GO of how I would attain life for myself, instead showing me HIS way of attaining LIFE.

The Lord’s plan is the one I desire for my life and I am confident that as I learn to just sit in this place … in His presence … and develop a relationship with Him, that He will indeed lead me into the path that He designed from the beginning of time. It won’t always be easy, there will surely be pain – things I will need to give up, let go of, walk away from as I lose my self, but find LIFE. I understand now that His heart for me is GOOD and that I can trust Him with all of it, my hopes, my desires and even those dreams that I barely speak of … and that in THIS place, nothing will ever be lacking … I am FREE…

I am engulfed by peace and awash with grace. There is nothing I have ever done or ever could do to change His love, acceptance and delight in me … it is just the way He is and I can’t WAIT to see what’s around the next bend in the road … Anticipation … and I’m jumping in!

No comments: