I woke up early this morning with this thought on my mind ... choices ... I have them and its my choice to make the choice - to change, grow, become - or stay the same. It was a moment of clarity and a blessing from God who is drawing me back to his embrace. It was a breath of fresh air following a tough week.
I just love it when that happens. When God pushes hard enough to break through the walls I've set up - the defenses I've created to keep the pain away - to keep others away but which also serve to keep Him away. And its so crazy to build the defenses when I am fully aware that He is the one thing I can count on, but that is all part of this process of becoming ... of life! I thank God that the times between my awareness of His presence and love - His drawing - are hours now instead of the weeks and months they were back when I first left home.
Choice is a privilege and I am grateful for it. The choices I have made to protect myself become clarifying instruments when I make the choice to open up ... to let love in and to embrace His presence - I love that! I suddenly see in stark relief and clarity of heart and am able to turn away from the old choices and embrace the new!
Today is a new day full of new choices, and I'm cleaning out my closets! Time to make room for the new ... open up space to breathe and space to become. God is doing a new thing and life is FULL!
Saturday, September 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment